Espar Heater FAQ
How do I determine the model of my heater?
- Heater Type or Heizgerat Typ
- Version or Ausfuhrung
- Reference (model number) or Ausfuhr. – Nr.
- Serial Number or Fabrik Nr.
- Fuel Type or Brennstoff
- Voltage or Elektr. Werte
How can I ensure that my Espar heater will work when it is needed
- Perform the recommended yearly maintenance, preferably in fall before the heater is needed. Also be sure to run your heater for a minimum of 20 minutes every month to refresh the fuel supply and discover any issues before they cause a critical breakdown.
What is the recommended yearly maintenance for my Espar heater?
- Always consult your heater’s manual for all recommended maintenance procedures. Typical yearly maintenance on an air heater is to replace the fuel pump screen, replace the glow pin atomizer screen and clean the glow pin combustion air vent hole of any carbon deposits or build up.
What is the recommended yearly maintenance for my Espar coolant heater?
- Always consult your heater’s manual for all recommended maintenance procedures. Typical yearly maintenance on a coolant heater is to replace to fuel pump screen, replace the glow pin atomizer screen, and clean the glow pin combustion air vent hole, and cleaning of the electric coolant pump of any sludge or metal shavings that it may have accumulated.
Where can I find technical information about my Espar heater?
- You can go to https://www.eberspaecher-na.com and click on “Download Center” and find your heater manual to view or download the PDF.
My Espar smokes heavily from the exhaust and will not start. What may be wrong?
- If recommended yearly maintenance has not been preformed and the heater has not been operated for the recommended 20 minutes per month, performing the recommended yearly maintenance may repair the problem. Yearly maintenance may have to be performed more often if the heater is used more than 1000 hours or if the fuel quality used to operate the heater was poor.
My Espar heater starts up, runs for a short time and then shuts down. What could be wrong?
- Ensure the air inlet and the air outlet of the heater are not restricted or obstructed. Crushed tubing, dust plugging the inlet or objects obstructing the air outlet can cause the heater to overheat.
My Espar coolant heater starts up, runs for a short time and then shuts down. What could be wrong?
- Ensure the coolant shut off valves are fully open and also that the coolant system has been properly bled of any air. Restricted or blocked coolant flow can cause the heater to over heat.
What are the benefits of adding an Espar heater to my equipment?
- Espar heaters can:
- Reduce engine idling time and save money on fuel
- Reduce engine & DPF maintenance
- Reduce no starts and breakdowns
- Increase driver and operator comfort
- Increase equipment productivity
Savings from these items will in most cases result in a payback period of 1-2 years and those savings can turn into increased profit. Contact us to find out which Espar product will best help your application.